Print, scan or copy
6th August 2019 - We are introducing a new print system.
Your account balance has been transferred over from the old system to the new system.
You can login to the new system at the link below:
Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities are available in the Library and in centrally-managed PC suites across campus.
How to print, scan and copy
You can use our multi-function devices (MFDs) to:
- copy, and
You can use the MFDs to print and copy in:
- mono (greyscale), or
The MFDs can print and copy on:
- A4 (210 x 297mm), or
- A3 (297 x 420mm) paper.
Print from your own device
You can use University printers to print from your own device. To do this, you can:
- Download and install a print driver for your Windows laptop or macbook.
- Upload your document to our webprint service.
- Send an email with your document attached to email@example.com for black-and-white prints, and firstname.lastname@example.org for colour prints.
Ask at the Enquiry desk or contact us if you need help printing from your own device.
Using the MFDs
- You need a University print card to use the MFDs. A print card is different from your student card.
- Printing and copying prices start from 5p per sheet.
- Scanning is free of charge.
Your University print card
You use a plastic, pre-pay print card to pay for printing and photocopying on-campus.
A print card is different from your student card. Collect your print card from the enquiry point on Level 3 of the Library.
When you register your print card we will give you 拢1 of credit for free.
Adding credit to your print card
You can add credit to your card:
- With a credit or debit card at http://its-printapp.ds.strath.yl37.cnuser
- With a credit or debit card at the print kiosk on Level 3 of the Library
- With a credit, debit card or cash at the Library Shop on Level 2
Please don't buy more credit than you need. We can't refund unused credit at the end of your studies, and you can't transfer your credit to another student.
Printing and copying costs
|Paper size||Colour||Price per sheet (pence)|
|A4 (210 x 297mm)||Mono (black and white)||5|
|A3 (297 x 420mm)||Mono||10|
|Paper size||Colour||Price per sheet (拢)|
|A1 (594 x 841mm)||Mono (black and white)||1.00|
|A0 (841 x 1189mm)||Mono||2.00|
Visit our In Depth pages for more help with printing, scanning and copying on-campus.